ChemonicsInternational Inc. USAID BIJAK Project (Bangun Indonesia untuk Jaga Alam demiKeberlanjutan)
Chemonics International seeks applications for an Environmental Enterprise DevelopmentAssociate with experience performing forestry/land-based businessengagement.
Position:EnvironmentalEnterprise Development Associate (Code: COMP3-Associate)
Reportto:Environmental Enterprise Development Specialist
Applicationsdue by: November6, 2016
Dateof Hire: Assoon as possible
Period:2 years (withpossible extension)
USAID'sBIJAK (Bangun Indonesia untuk Jaga Alam demi Keberlanjutan) is a Jakarta-based,five-year project implemented by Chemonics International in collaboration withKemitraan and Wildlife Conservation Society. The overarching objective ofUSAID's BIJAK project is to address the constellation of market forces,financial incentives, policy levers, social norms and values drivingdeforestation and biodiversity loss in order to promote enduring changes inindividual and organizational behavior which reduce greenhouse gas emissionsand conserve valuable marine and terrestrial biodiversity. To realize thisobjective, BIJAK will work through national instruments and systems to impactthe following:
· Numberof national level laws, policies, regulations, decrees, procedures, or fiscaland budgetary practices developed, revised, adopted and/or applied in order toreduce GHG emissions, reduce wildlife trafficking, and conserve valuableterrestrial and marine biodiversity with support from BIJAK.
· Improvedcapacity and willingness of Indonesian institutions and organizations toaddress biodiversity conservation, especially wildlife trafficking, and climatechange.
· Numberof businesses engaged in extensive land-use practices, especially palm oil,developing green business practices and sharing them widely with others intheir industry.
· Amountof investment leveraged in USD from private and public sources for biodiversityconservation and/or climate change.
· Publicopinion and behaviors changed as a result of advocacy campaigns developed andimplemented to support targeted terrestrial and marine biodiversityconservation and low carbon development issues.
· Model(s)for successful low emissions development and forest conservation developed andshared at all levels of government and with other key stakeholders.
- Assisting Component 3 Specialist in developing project activities plan for the Component.
- Contributing to project efforts to develop M&E plan and Communication Plan.
- Assisting Component 3 Specialist in managing project activities, ensuring all plan well executed.
- Running the component activities implementation and achievement record that is accessible both for verification purpose and for project reporting purposes.
- Drafting of Component 3 quarterly report, annual report, and occasional reports as needed.
- Assisting Component 3 Specialist in reaching out various stakeholders to look for new and emerging opportunities for the development of environmental enterprise and sustainable business practices.
- As appropriate, coordinating with the project's communication team to support partners' communication and outreach plan; including developing stories and messages to be framed into communication materials.
- Providing input to foster synergies, cross-learning, and collaboration across the BIJAK components.
· Contributingto the team general performance through proposing, attending and activelyengage in regular and occasional meetings, conversation and knowledge sharing.
· Advanced degree in forestry, naturalresources and economic of environment or a related field.
· Minimum of three years of relevantprofessional experience in strengthening and supporting small-medium-bigenterprises linked to low carbon and conservation oriented business practices.
· Demonstrated commitment toenvironmental values.
· Experience working with the private sector,NGO's, host country government institutions, and local associations.
· Proven experience in administering projectmanagement and implementation.
· Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia; excellentwritten and oral communications in English.
· Ability to join full-time as soon aspossible is highly preferred.
Ifyou are interested and qualified for the EnvironmentalEnterprise Development Associate position on BIJAK, please send your latestCV and cover letter to
by November 6, 2016. Early submissions encouraged. Please put the code (COMP3-Associate) on the subject of yoursubmission email.
Pada Kamis, 22 September 2016 6:10, umi sugiharti menulis:
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader inresearch and program implementation in the fields of health, social andenvironmental policy, and international development working in more than 40countries around the world. In Indonesia, Abt has a rich history implementinghealth, economic development, governance and land use planning programs. Formore information, please visit www.abtassociates.com.Abt
Associates is actively recruiting qualifiedprofessionals for the anticipated USAID Bukti Untuk Kebijakan dan Advokasi(BUKA - Evidence for Policy and Advocacy) and the Millennium ChallengeAccount-Indonesia (MCA-I) Participatory Mapping and Planning Project 6 (PMAP 6). USAID BUKAUSAID BUKA aims to bolster the use of evidence indecision-making in the policy and public spheres by enhancing the capacity ofscientific institutions and increasing public demand. Abt seeks the following positions: · Civil Society CapacityBuilding Specialist experience improving research and institutional capacity of civilsociety organizations working in policy realm · Public Policy AdvocacySpecialist experience shaping public policy through civil society organizations,creating linkages of civil society organizations to policymakers at nationaland regional levels · Private Sector PolicySpecialist engagement with the private sector to identify and later articulate policyneeds, ability to link private sector to relevant decision makers in governmentfor open policy dialogue · Policy CommunicationsSpecialist ability to effectively disseminate research to public through various mediaoutletsSuccessful candidates must have university degreesin communications, economics, law, public policy or related field. A minimum of8 years of experience implementing nationally relevant programs in policy,applied research or science for government, private businesses ornon-governmental organizations. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is required,fluency in English is preferred as well.Interested candidates may send a CV and cover letterto
assoon as possible but no later than 10 October 2016. Onlyqualified candidates will be contacted. MCA-I PMAP 6MCA-I PMAP 6 is a one-year project helping over 300rural villages in fifteen districts throughout the country to delineate anddemarcate their boundaries and map their resources to attract future investmentin areas that will improve rural livelihoods in an environmentally sustainablemanner. Abt Associates intends to hire up to six Field Coordinators to support and oversee work in three to fivedistricts in assigned areas. The FieldCoordinators must: · Direct supervision of the work of the field team leaders in selectedsub-districts · Acquire spatial information (topographical maps, satellite imagery,aerial photos, etc.) from various sources of the assigned geographic areas · Coordinate closely with relevant government agencies of the selecteddistrict and the Office of Sub-district Head · Commit to a one-year posting in remote site with extensive travelwithin assigned regionSuccessful candidates must have university degreesin natural resource management, forestry, geography, geodetic engineering orrelated field. A minimum of 5 years of experience working on community baseddevelopment projects. The candidate must have demonstrated skill in management,communication and interaction with local government and communityrepresentatives. Fluencyin Bahasa Indonesia and English is required.Interested candidates may send a CV and cover letterto
assoon as possible but no later than 10 October 2016. Only qualified candidateswill be contacted.Thank you for your interest in Abt Associates.